Who Will Fill Jarred Cosart Spot In Rotation
Jarred Cosart had a chance Thursday to be the Astros second ten game winner of the season. Instead, Cosart, along with Enrique Hernandez and minor leaguer Austin Wates, are heading to the Marlins.
Jarred Coasrt leaves a big hole in the rotation. After Dallas Keuchel, Cosart is arguably the Astros second best pitcher.
Getting a shot Thursday as a late start fill in for Cosart will be Jake Buchanan. Astros GM Jeff Luhnow likened Buchanan’s opportunity Thursday to Brett Oberholtzer last season stepping in for the traded Bud Norris. Oberholtzer went on to win 5 games after stepping in for Norris.
Jeff Luhnow did mention that Brad Peacock would be coming back to the Astros, “He’s a major league starter, we got a guy we can plug right in” Luhnow said.
However, Luhnow also mentioned some of the top prospects in AAA could be getting closer, “Wojo’s got a chance down the road. Tropeano is very close to being ready to come up here. Folty’s very close to being ready to come up here…Alex White, we still have a lot of depth” Luhnow said.
Follow JR on twitter —–> @Dyslexicsports
Latest Sports Stories:
- Andre Johnson Asks For Release From Texans
- Matt Hammond Podcast (Mar. 4): With LeSean McCoy-Kiko Alonso Deal, Chip Kelly Bringing In Oregon Players Isn’t Bad For Eagles
- Brad Davis: Dynamo New Primary Kit “Best We’ve Had” Despite Removal Of American Flag
- Dynamo Ready To Kick Off Season That Will See A Lot Of Changes
- Josh Smith Calls Hawks Fans ‘Bandwagoners’