Jarred Cosart had a chance Thursday to be the Astros second ten game winner of the season. Instead, Cosart, along with Enrique Hernandez and minor leaguer Austin Wates, are heading to the Marlins.
Jarred Coasrt leaves a big hole in the rotation. After Dallas Keuchel, Cosart is arguably the Astros second best pitcher.
Getting a shot Thursday as a late start fill in for Cosart will be Jake Buchanan. Astros GM Jeff Luhnow likened Buchanan’s opportunity Thursday to Brett Oberholtzer last season stepping in for the traded Bud Norris. Oberholtzer went on to win 5 games after stepping in for Norris.
Jeff Luhnow did mention that Brad Peacock would be coming back to the Astros, “He’s a major league starter, we got a guy we can plug right in” Luhnow said.
However, Luhnow also mentioned some of the top prospects in AAA could be getting closer, “Wojo’s got a chance down the road. Tropeano is very close to being ready to come up here. Folty’s very close to being ready to come up here…Alex White, we still have a lot of depth” Luhnow said.
Follow JR on twitter —–> @Dyslexicsports
Latest Sports Stories:
- Anthony Joshua: ‘Wladimir Klitschko Is Underrated’
- Altuve Avoids Serious Injury After Collision
- NFL Teams Announcing Day 3 Draft Picks From Grand Canyon, A Zoo, And Outer Space
- SportsRadio 610’s Who Do We Want/Who Do We Think Texans Will Draft
- If Texans Draft A QB In 2017, How Long Are They Stuck With Him?