Dallas Keuchel Opens Up About Trade Deadline
Rumors have been swirling that the Astros perhaps could trade some of their valuable starting pitching in return to get a big bat the Astros offense is lacking.
Dallas Keuchel arguably is one of, if not the Astros best starter and very well could be one of those starters that is dealt.
“I’m going to go about my business the same way as I usually do, whether or not someone is dealt, whether it’s me, we’ll cross that bridge when we get there”. Keuchel said, sort of downplaying the idea that his last start in an Astros uniform could be Wednesday against the A’s.
Keuchel would like to stay in Houston. “I’m trying to help this team win and rebuild.” However, Keuchel understands if he is dealt, a team isn’t doing it because they don’t want him. “It’s one of the good aspects about getting traded is that another team does like you”.
In the end, it’s a business and Keuchel has no control over what Astros GM Jeff Luhnow decides to do.
“My job is to go out there and pitch. That’s what I’m paid to do, till I can’t do that anymore. I’m going to keep doing it,” Keuchel said.
Follow JR on twitter —–> @Dyslexicsports
Latest Sports Stories:
- Meltsdown: Why Is Chris Mullin Some Lock To Win At St. John’s?
- Rockets Fall To Raptors 99-96
- Hartford Courant’s Jenny Wilson: Shayanna Jenkins Testimony A Mixed Bag For Both Prosecution And Defense
- USA Today College Basketball Writer Nicole Auerbach: It Would Take A Lot For UT To Land Smart
- Former Miami RB Duke Johnson: Texans Spoke To Me At NFL Combine