Houston (CBS Houston) – Jadeveon Clowney missed part of the off-season program after having sports hernia surgery, but on Saturday he was out on the practice field for day one of training camp.
“(Clowney) is practicing and he’s rehabbing,” Bill O’Brien said after practice.” We’re staying with the rehab protocol which allows him to practice a little bit and we’ll just stick with that and he’ll be fine.”
Clowney went through a full practice but said he wasn’t at 100 percent.
“I’m getting better. Taking it one day at a time,” Clowney said after practice. “I’m just letting the trainers take it one day at a time. I’m trying to comeback, get back for the first game.”
The Texans will wear full pads on Monday. If Clowney is able to participate then, he’s likely on track for a speedy recovery.
Latest Sports Stories:
- 5 Things: Sweet 16 And Elite 8 Weekend
- Maye’s Last Second Shot Sends UNC To Final Four With 75-73 Win Over Kentucky
- South Carolina Beats Florida 77-70, Makes First Trip To Final Four
- Rockets Expect Anderson To Miss 2 Weeks With Sprained Ankle
- Oregon Tops Kansas 74-60 To Advance To First Final Four In 78 Years