HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) – The Houston Texans are looking at a familiar face at NRG Stadium as Training Camp starts on Friday. Andre Johnson, the long time star WR for the Texans has reported to camp.
Johnson had talked in the off season about his lack of desire to rebuild again. He missed all voluntary and mandatory mini-camps for the Texans this offseason.
It was the biggest question for the Texans heading into the start of training camp, if Johnson would be there or not. Video surfaced earlier in the week on Andre’s Instagram of him working out on his own, but neither him or the Texans would say if he would show up for the first day of camp.
The team doesn’t hit the field until Saturday. Friday is the first day where the team and players will just have meetings.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Texans Defense Steps Up In Win Over Saints
- Jackson Yields Immediate Impact in Return to Texans Defense
- Texans Dominate Saints On Way To Fourth Straight Win
- Rumor Says Tom Herman May Be Headed To Georgia
- Source: Texans Front Office This Offseason “Will Be Interesting”