HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) – The Houston Texans are looking at a familiar face at NRG Stadium as Training Camp starts on Friday. Andre Johnson, the long time star WR for the Texans has reported to camp.
Johnson had talked in the off season about his lack of desire to rebuild again. He missed all voluntary and mandatory mini-camps for the Texans this offseason.
It was the biggest question for the Texans heading into the start of training camp, if Johnson would be there or not. Video surfaced earlier in the week on Andre’s Instagram of him working out on his own, but neither him or the Texans would say if he would show up for the first day of camp.
The team doesn’t hit the field until Saturday. Friday is the first day where the team and players will just have meetings.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Moore: Rockets Should Be Favored Over Spurs In Potential Round Two Series
- The Very Best Of Gallant At Night
- 3T – Matt Moore NBA Writer CBS Sports 04-24-17
- 3T – CBS Sports NFL Draft Analyst Dane Brugler 04-24-17
- Keidel: Would Warriors’ NBA Finals Win Hurt Durant’s Legacy?