Ted Johnson’s Five Best Things About Training Camp
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Training camp start tomorrow, so we reached out to Ted Johnson, 10 year NFL Vet and three time Super Bowl Champion, to tell us the 5 Best Things about Training camp.
1. The camaraderie.
> We loved to plays cards or dominoes.
> We’d gather in someone’s room to watch our favorite T.V shows or movies.
> Shaving rookies heads never got old.
> We’d hit golf balls off the back of our pick-up trucks for money.
2. The food
> All you can eat all the time.
> I loved eating in cafeterias and going through the buffet line.
3. The solitude
> I liked having more time to think and prepare my mind for the upcoming season.
> I enjoyed the quiet time between practices and after night meetings.
> I always enjoyed reading a good book during my down time.
4. The simplicity
> You never had to leave the facility.
> You rode a bike around.
> You didn’t have cable in your room and there were no amenities.
5. The entertainment
> The pranks were fantastic.
> Taking the “governor” off the golf carts was AWESOME.
> Rookie talent shows are epic.
> Coach calling off night meetings and taking everyone to the movies instead never got old.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- If You’re Last, You’re First…Texans Last In NFL In Arrests
- Report: CSN Houston Could Lose Majority of Current Employees
- Adrian Peterson’s All Day Foundation Takes Down It’s Website
- Vikings Health Partner Looking Into Sponsorship
- CBS Sports Steve Tasker Weighs In On Falcons Vs Buccaneers on Thursday Night Football