Training camp start tomorrow, so we reached out to Ted Johnson, 10 year NFL Vet and three time Super Bowl Champion, to tell us the 5 Best Things about Training camp.
1. The camaraderie.
> We loved to plays cards or dominoes.
> We’d gather in someone’s room to watch our favorite T.V shows or movies.
> Shaving rookies heads never got old.
> We’d hit golf balls off the back of our pick-up trucks for money.
2. The food
> All you can eat all the time.
> I loved eating in cafeterias and going through the buffet line.
3. The solitude
> I liked having more time to think and prepare my mind for the upcoming season.
> I enjoyed the quiet time between practices and after night meetings.
> I always enjoyed reading a good book during my down time.
4. The simplicity
> You never had to leave the facility.
> You rode a bike around.
> You didn’t have cable in your room and there were no amenities.
5. The entertainment
> The pranks were fantastic.
> Taking the “governor” off the golf carts was AWESOME.
> Rookie talent shows are epic.
> Coach calling off night meetings and taking everyone to the movies instead never got old.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Bouye Wants To Remain Texan As He Heads Towards Free Agency
- Texans Team Grades: Houston’s Season Ends Against Patriots After 34-16 Divisional Round Loss
- Texans Defense Makes Things Tough For Brady In Divisional Round Loss
- Texans Offensive Problems Don’t End With Osweiler
- Vince Wilfork: “I Think I Played My Last NFL Football Game”