HOUSTON (CBS Houston) – With LeBron James announcing he is heading home to the Cleveland Cavaliers on Friday the Houston Rockets were sent into warp speed to try and lock up their two free agent targets. LeBron’s exit from Miami means that the Rockets are the reported front runner for his former teammate Chris Bosh. The Rockets have reportedly already offered Bosh a contract worth around $20 million a year.
The other person the Rockets are trying to lock down is Chandler Parsons who signed a 3 year offer sheet with the Dallas Mavericks on Wednesday and the Rockets received that offer sheet Thursday. Because Parsons is a restricted free agent the Rockets have three days to match the offer from the Mavericks so they can keep Parsons.
The Rockets would also need to dump cap space in order to have the room to sign Bosh. Jeremy Lin is the first piece that will need to move.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- The Best of The Triple Threat 10-17-17
- 3T – With Former Texans WR David Anderson 10-17-17
- Mad Conversation With Mike And Laurel D’Antoni – Part 1 – Love Of Basketball, The Challenges Of An NBA Marriage And More
- 3T – With Astros Field Reporter Julia Morales
- Welker: Braxton Miller Is Coming Along