The first big name free agent seems to be off the market in the NBA. The New York Daily news is reporting that Carmelo Anthony will choose to go back to New York. The announcement is expected to come Thursday.
The contract is the reported max deal that Melo can get at $128 million.
Carmelo made his rounds in his week plus of free agency, heading to Chicago, Houston, Dallas and Los Angeles to be courted by potential suitors.
With Carmelo off the free agency list the only name anyone will seem to care about now will be LeBron James and where he decides to go.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Morton Dominance, Altuve’s Bat Carry Astros To 9-2 Win Over Mariners
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation