HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) – The Houston Astros are facing a tough situation. Reports from CBSSports.com’s Jon Heyman are that the Astros #1 overall pick Brady Aiken has an issue with his elbow ligament.
The issue is delaying the Astros signing of the left-handed pitcher as the Astros have lowered their offer to the top pick.
A deal was close to being done a few weeks ago, but was called off last minute and speculation of a medical issue arose. Now that issue has been confirmed and might cost the young prospect $1.5 million on his contract. Heyman reports the Astros have dropped their offer from $6.5 million to $5 million.
The deadline to sign Aiken is July 18th.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Morton Dominance, Altuve’s Bat Carry Astros To 9-2 Win Over Mariners
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation