Astros No. 1 Pick Brady Aiken Has Elbow Problems
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) – The Houston Astros are facing a tough situation. Reports from CBSSports.com’s Jon Heyman are that the Astros #1 overall pick Brady Aiken has an issue with his elbow ligament.
The issue is delaying the Astros signing of the left-handed pitcher as the Astros have lowered their offer to the top pick.
A deal was close to being done a few weeks ago, but was called off last minute and speculation of a medical issue arose. Now that issue has been confirmed and might cost the young prospect $1.5 million on his contract. Heyman reports the Astros have dropped their offer from $6.5 million to $5 million.
The deadline to sign Aiken is July 18th.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- 5 Other Lopsided NFL Games (To Make The Buccaneers Feel Better)
- WATCH: Tailgating With The 6-10s: Week 1
- TTYM: Goodell Is Goofed, Harden Can’t Dance And New Lingerie Leaguers?
- Newton On Giants Defense: “We’re Only Worried About The Houston Texans”
- Texans Hopkins (Illness) Returns To Practice Friday, Is “100 Percent”