Enrique Hernandez Puts On Show During Lopsided Loss
Enrique Hernandez on the day of his call up to the major leagues replaced Jose Altuve in the lineup of a blowout game. Hernandez on his 1st at bat with runners on the corners got a hold of a ball and drove it on a hop in to the Astros bullpen for a ground rule double. Hernandez also came up for a second time later in the game and smacked a single, going two for two on the night.
Manager Bo Porter said of Hernandez’s two hit night “That there is what you call a bright spot of a dark night”. Porter was certainly right, outside of Hernandez’s performance there wasn’t much else for an Astros fan to be excited about during a Mariners 13 to 2 beating.
Jarred Cosart and all the pitchers used in Tuesday’s game struggled against the Mariners offense. The Astros pitching staff was lit up for 18 hits and 13 earned runs.
The Astros offense did have their chances, but no one was able to capitalize George Springer and Jesus Guzman left six runners on base each and the team as a whole left 24 base runners on base.
Top prospect Domingo Santana went hitless on the night with three strikeouts, but Santana was able to score a run after reaching base on an error.
Follow JR on twitter —–> @Dyslexicsports
Latest Sports Stories:
- Sportsradio 610 Wrestlemania Preview and Podcast
- Nantz: Winner Of Wisconsin-Arizona “Can Give (Kentucky) A Go”
- Gardner: What Rest Of NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament Lacks In Cinderellas, It Has In Competition
- Keidel: Mind Games Have Begun For Mayweather-Pacquiao Bout
- Trae Waynes: Texans Haven’t Contacted Me Yet, “But There’s Still Time For That”