Brazil (CBS HOUSTON) – US Soccer star forward Jozy Altidore was cleared by the team to play against Belgium in the USA’s knockout round match on Tuesday.
Altidore played just over 20 minutes in the Yanks opening game win against Ghana before he hit the pitch with a hamstring injury.
It is yet to be said if Altidore will start for the team that played their second and third group stage matches with Clint Dempsey alone at the top of the U.S. formation. Jozy could also be a vital player coming in for limited minutes late in the match.
The United States looks to make the quarterfinals on Tuesday at 3pm CT against the young but powerful Red Devils of Belgium.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- J.J. Watt Gets His Own Shoes For Every Member Of The Houston Texans
- Outdoor Show: Fri July 29
- The Very Best Of Gallant At Night
- DeAndre Hopkins Goes On A Twitter AMA And It Was Great
- The Best Of The Worst Of ‘Mad Radio’