Clowney Has Sports Hernia Surgery; Should Be Back For Training Camp
HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) The Houston Texans #1 pick Jadeveon Clowney had sports hernia surgery in Philadelphia on Thursday, according to Texans head coach Bill O’Brien. He should be back for training camp the coach said at the Texans facility on Friday.
Clowney was missing from practice with no explanation on Thursday, but it was clarified on Friday.
“JD Clowney was suffering from a little bit of a issue with his groin so we sent him to Philadelphia to have it checked out by a specialist there,” O’Brien told the media before fielding any questions on Friday. “We decided that the best thing for JD and the best thing for our team and the best thing for the organization was to have sports hernia surgery. So, he had that yesterday. He’ll be back this afternoon and he’ll be ready to go for training camp.”
That means Clowney will not see time during the minicamp happening next week for the Texans.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- UPDATED: Arian Foster Suffers Groin Injury Will Have Surgery
- This Week In Baseball: Winners & Losers Of The MLB Trade Deadline
- Clowney’s Father Shot And Arrested On Attempted Murder Chargers
- This Is SportsRadio 610 – “Sources”
- Rookie Spotlight: Todd Gurley Joins A Storied History Of St. Louis Rams Running Backs