Kareem Jackson Getting Reps At Slot Corner; Bouye And Mack Getting Notice
Houston (CBS Houston) – The Texans entered the off-season without a clear cut starter at nickel corner. They released Brice McCain, who had held down that spot for the better part of two seasons, and didn’t make any major free agent additions to the group.
After Thursday’s practice, Bill O’Brien shed some light on how the search for a replacement is going.
“It’s a position that’s very tough to play,” O’Brien said. “When you have a guy like Kareem (Jackson), who’s doing that for us right now, who can play outside and inside. He’s a guy that’s playing inside for us too.”
Jackson will likely remain outside, but this early in the off-season it’s normal for coaches to try out different packages. Assuming Jackson ends up playing outside, O’Brien mentioned some other guys who have impressed early on.
“Elbert Mack. These are guys that are very competitive guys. I think even (A.J.) Bouye could go in there and maybe do some things for us in there.” O’Brien said. “We have some guys that can do it and have progressed and improved everyday single day doing it here this spring.”
Latest Sports Stories:
- Ranking The Potential NBA 1st Round Match-Ups
- Meltsdown: People Have A Problem Houston Sports Talk Radio Talks Too Much Andre, Kubiak
- 30 Players: Martinez Ready To Make Mark In Cardinals Rotation
- Rockets Make Big Comeback As Howard Comes Back From Injury In Win
- NHL Playoffs: Six Potential Matchups We’re Dying To See