Jon Singleton Signs New Deal Gets Call To Astros
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) – The Houston Astros are adding to their young arsenal by calling up another top prospect and locking him in for the future. Jon Singleton (1B) is being called up to the Astros Major League club Tuesday and he will be carrying a new contract with him.
Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports is reporting that the Astros signed Singleton to a $35 million five year contract with $10 million guaranteed. This is unprecedented for a player with zero major league experience. The deal also contains three club option years for the Astros to keep Singleton well past his arbitration years.
Singleton is the second big name prospect to be called up this season for the Astros. George Springer made the jump to the big league club early in the season and has been performing fantasticly for the big league club, leading the team in homeruns (10) and RBI (29).
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Watt On Getting Signed Jersey From 7 Year Old Fan: “Surely He Has Confidence”
- Keenum Happy To Be Home, And To Get Second Chance With O’Brien’s Texans
- Pauly G’s Power Rankings: House Of Cards
- Thursday Night Football Breakdown: Tennessee Titans At Jacksonville Jaguars
- The Best Of ‘In The Loop’ Featuring @McClain_on_NFL