The Astros Are Not Back, But Let’s Enjoy The Ride
Houston (CBS Houston) – I realized it in the bottom of the ninth… There I was, cheering on Chad Qualls as he went for the save. It felt like the good times, like 2005.
I’ve missed baseball in Houston.
The Astros have been an afterthought for far too long. It’s hard to get excited about minor league reports and draft picks. It’s weird walking into a major league clubhouse where you only recognize a couple of players. But May has brought with it George Springer and a temporary escape from the pain.
Springer has given Houston something to talk about. Hell, he’s given the country something to talk about (turn on SportsCenter or FS1 today). More importantly, he’s brought attention to a team that is on the right track.
Jose Altuve is leading the majors in hits, George Springer has seven home runs in seven games, and Jonathan Singleton is on his way.
It was a painful ride to the bottom, so let’s enjoy the ride back up. The Astros aren’t back yet, but at least there’s some fun baseball to watch.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Dallas Sportscaster Sends “Eats Fresh” Tweet About Subway Spokesman’s Connection In Child Porn Case
- Hammond: Bottom Line In FSU QB Story: Guys, Don’t Hit Women
- Dallas Keuchel Gets His 11th Win With Help From Astros Offense
- The Best Of The Worst Of ‘In The Loop’
- Warren Moon And The Oilers Reunion Golf Tournament