Springer Does It Again In Astros Win Over Orioles
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
George Springer’s seventh home run in as many games broke a 1-1 tie in the seventh inning, sending the Astros to a 3-1 win over the Baltimore Orioles Thursday night at Minute Maid Park, the team’s sixth straight win.
Springer’s homer is his tenth of the season, all of them coming in May, and it extended his hitting streak to 11 games. Jose Altuve scored on the home run after his third hit and second stolen base of the night.
Jason Castro gave the Astros the lead in the second inning when he scored from third on a wild pitch, but Baltimore tied the game in the fourth when Nelson Cruz singled home Steve Pearce with 2-out.
Brad Peacock started after having his last turn in the rotation skipped due to forearm soreness. He allowed one run in six innings, but didn’t factor in the decision. Josh Fields earned the win tossing two scoreless innings, and Chad Qualls picked up his th save.
Ubaldo Jimenez matched Peacock’s six innings, but Preston Guilmet was tagged with the loss after giving up Springer’s home run.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Playoff Pinch Hits: James Shields-Wil Myers Trade A Success For Royals
- 5 Devastating Week 7 Losses
- 6 Reasons Why Alabama’s Kenyan Drake Was The Real Star Of The Texas A&M Blowout
- Playoff Pinch Hits: Royals And Giants An Unlikely World Series Pairing
- 5 NFL Teams Already Vying For First Pick In The 2015 NFL Draft