HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) – Andre Johnson said he wasn’t going to attend OTAs for the Houston Texans and he kept his word on Tuesday. The 12-year veteran did not show up at the Methodist training center for the first day of OTAs.
Johnson has only missed training with the Texans one other time since his draft in 2003 when he held out for contract reasons for a few days, returning because he didn’t feel comfortable sitting at home while his teammates worked.
Johnson said earlier in May that he wasn’t sure if Houston was, “still the place for [him]” at a charity event where he was presenting a check for $30,000 to the Houston Women’s Center.
Since those comments Johnson has been absent from all Texans activities.
Unsigned first overall pick Jadeveon Clowney was at the first Texans OTAs.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Morton Dominance, Altuve’s Bat Carry Astros To 9-2 Win Over Mariners
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation