CHICAGO (CBS HOUSTON) – Jurgen Klinsmann decided to make his decision on the USA’s World Cup Roster 11 days before they needed to be completed. The biggest omission from the roster was three time world cup veteran Landon Donovan.
The Houston Dynamo’s captain Brad Davis made his first World Cup roster and will be heading to Brazil.
The final rosters didn’t need to be submitted until June 2nd, but Klinsmann wanted to lock in his roster before the first warm up game on May 27th.
Here is the Full Roster:
GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
DEFENDERS (8): DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Timmy Chandler (Nürnberg), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Mönchengladbach), DeAndre Yedlin (Seattle Sounders FC)
MIDFIELDERS (8): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Julian Green (Bayern Munich), Jermaine Jones (Besiktas), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)
FORWARDS (4): Jozy Altidore (Sunderland), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), Aron Johannsson (AZ Alkmaar), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Duane Brown Back at Texans Practice; Could “Possibly” Play Against Titans
- Hammond: Let’s Fix The Texans Identity Problem
- This Week In Golf: Rory McIlroy Wins FedExCup, Arnold Palmer Passes
- [WATCH] Vin Scully’s Final Call At Dodger Stadium Is A Walkoff Home Run
- Fantasy Baseball’s Version Of The Final Countdown Is Upon You Now