HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) – The Houston Texans have signed two of their late round draft picks to rookie contracts. Running back Alfred Blue, a sixth round pick and Mr. Irrellevant Lonnie Ballentine were the first two Texans picks to sign contracts, this according to Pro Football Talk.
Ballentine a safety from the University of Memphis was the final pick of the 2014 draft, thus dubbed with the monicker “Mr. Irrelevant.” Blue is a senior running back from LSU, who’s former coach Les Miles told Mad Radio the Texans got as a steal in the sixth round.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Locker Room Five Things Jan. 17, 2018: Ariza Deserves Harsh Punishment, Questions Brain Gaine Must Answer And Keenum’s Favorable Situation
- A Reason To Cheer For Each Team Left In The NFL Playoffs
- Former Gymnasts Speak In Court About Abuse By Nassar
- The Best of Gallant At Night 1-16
- Brandon Marshall On Vikings-Eagles NFC Championship