Michael Sam Drafted 249th To The Rams
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
NEW YORK (CBS HOUSTON) – Hitchcock, Texas native Michael Sam was drafted into the National Football League as the first openly gay player drafted.
The defensive end from Missouri was the SEC co-defensive player of the year.
Sam came out in a very public interview on ESPN and Sports Illustrated shortly after the College football season ended. He played all of 2013 out to his Missouri Tiger teammates.
If Sam makes the team and plays he will be the first openly gay player in the NFL.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Pauly G’s Themed Week 3 Power Rankings
- Marc Malusis Says If Giants Make Same Mistakes As Last Game Will Lose To Texans
- Texans S D.J. Swearinger Expects To Play Sunday Against New York Giants
- J.J. Watt On Playing Goal Line Tight End For Texans: “It’s Not A Gimmick”
- 6 Types Of People In Your Fantasy Football League