Tracy McGrady made his long awaited pitching debut Saturday night for the Sugar Land Skeeters and suffered the loss. T-Mac threw 1.2 innings, allowing two hits and two runs in Somerset’s 5-3 win at Constellation Field. A crowd of 7,701 was on hand.
McGrady gave up a run in the first inning and surrendered a solo home run to former Houston Astro Edwin Maysonet in the second. T-Mac threw 35 pitches and 18 strikes in the outing. The 6’8” pitcher walked two and didn’t strike out any.
McGrady made the independent Atlantic League team after a week- long spring training session but started the season on the inactive list and didn’t pitch in the club’s first 14 games.
“LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Morton Dominance, Altuve’s Bat Carry Astros To 9-2 Win Over Mariners
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation