REPORT: Andre Johnson Was Denied A New Contract In 2013
HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) – Andre Johnson is the most notable face missing from the Houston Texans voluntary mini-camp.
“From my understanding is, Andre might have wanted new money last year and they didn’t give it to him.” Travis Johnson told Mad Radio with Mike Meltser and Seth Payne Thursday.
“Andre is preparing…he’s working hard. I think he’s going to be here. There’s no scenario where he’s not going to be here. I don’t think he’s mad at the team at all.”
Travis Johnson, who is friends and knows many current and former Texans players, doesn’t think it has changed Andre Johnson’s attitude.
“He’s not unhappy,” Johnson said. “Eleven years in you need a little bit of a break. He’s been at every OTA. He’s been at all the mini-camps. It’s time to, you know, do his own thing. Try and get better.”
Andre Johnson does not have to attend the current mini camps at Reliant Stadium right now because they are voluntary for all veterans.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Manfred: Astros’ Turnaround One of Top MLB Storylines
- Astros’ Deduno Impressing With Versatility
- Whitney Mercilus: I Considered Testing Free Agency, But Wanted To Play For O’Brien
- Mario Elie: Harden Needs To Attack The Rim, Not Get Discouraged If Jordan Gets Early Blocks
- New Texans RB Kenny Hilliard: I Texted La’el Collins, But I’m Not Going To Harass Him