HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) – The Houston Dynamo will be on a month long break during the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, but not all their players will be. Midfielder Boniek Garcia will most likely not get a break as he was named to the 23 player pre-World Cup Camp for his native country of Honduras.
Boniek played in all of the 16 qualifying matches on the way to the country’s second straight Finals appearance. Honduras will play three games in the U.S. to prepare for their games in Brazil, including one at BBVA Compass Stadium on June 1st against Israel.
The World Cup warmups will not be the only time before the MLS Break to see the Dynamo 2012 player of the year. The Dyanamo are in the kicking off a three match home stand in which they will try to lock up a win for the first time since March 29th. The Dynamo play Columbus on Wednesday before facing the Real Salt Lake and the LA Galaxy to close out a stretch of three games in 10 days.
The Dynamo stand only three points back of the top spot in the very competitive Eastern Conference before Wednesday’s game.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Bouye Wants To Remain Texan As He Heads Towards Free Agency
- Texans Team Grades: Houston’s Season Ends Against Patriots After 34-16 Divisional Round Loss
- Texans Defense Makes Things Tough For Brady In Divisional Round Loss
- Texans Offensive Problems Don’t End With Osweiler
- Vince Wilfork: “I Think I Played My Last NFL Football Game”