Houston (CBS HOUSTON) – The Atlanta Falcons and Houston Texans will not be working together on a trade for the No. 1 overall pick involving Jadeveon Clowney, SportsRadio 610 has learned.
The Falcons are interested in trading up to acquire a player they value above their spot at No. 6, but they do not believe that player is worth picking with the No. 1 pick. SportsRadio 610 has also learned that the player the Falcons are interested in is not Jadeveon Clowney.
The Falcons were one of a number of trade possibilities for the Texans as they figure out what they want to do with the number one pick in the draft.
John McClain said last week that the Texans are deciding between Clowney and Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel if they stay at the first pick, but they would be willing to trade down if the offer is good enough. If the Texans do trade down, they would likely target Kahlil Mack out of Buffalo or QB Blake Bortles.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Duane Brown Back at Texans Practice; Could “Possibly” Play Against Titans
- Hammond: Let’s Fix The Texans Identity Problem
- This Week In Golf: Rory McIlroy Wins FedExCup, Arnold Palmer Passes
- [WATCH] Vin Scully’s Final Call At Dodger Stadium Is A Walkoff Home Run
- Fantasy Baseball’s Version Of The Final Countdown Is Upon You Now