Before the NBA Playoffs started, I went through the last 256 best of 7 NBA playoff series, and gave you the winning percentages for the team that wins game one. Here are the series win percentages following game 2.
In the last 256 best of 7 series the home team won game one 193 times. 164 of those teams won the series (85%).
When the team with home court advantage took a 2-0 series lead they won the series 93% of the time (132/142)
In the last 241 best of 7 series the road team won game one 60 times, 34 of those teams won the series (56.7%).
Of the last 256 best of 7 series, 103 have been split after 2 games. The team that began the series with the home court advantage won the series 60 times (58.3%)
Now I will give you the percentages for teams after winning game 3 of a 1-1 series. In the last 24 years, 103 series have been tied 1-1. The team that wins game 3 has gone onto win the series 78.6% (81/103) of the time. Here it is broken down further:
When the home teams wins game 3 they win the series 69.8% (37/53) of the time.
When the road team wins and steals back the home court advantage, they win the series 88% (44/50) of the time.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Texans Brass: Despite Loaded WR Class, Fuller Was “Our No. 1” Choice
- Texans Officially Welcome ‘Soft-Spoken’ 1st-Round Pick Will Fuller
- Houston Texans Expected To Target Offensive Line, Defensive Tackle Or Tight End
- Jon Weeks Excited To Work With New Special Teams Coach Larry Izzo
- Keidel: Like Dan Marino, Laremy Tunsil A Victim Of Embellished Fears