HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) – The Houston Astros strongest starter and biggest impact Free Agent thus far in the young season has been sidelined with biceps tendinitis. The Astros placed the $30 million starting pitcher was placed on the DL Monday.
Feldman is 2-1 with a 1.69 ERA in four starts so far this season. Collin McHugh will be recalled from Triple-A Oklahoma City to start in Feldman’s spot on Tuesday in Seattle.
“It’s nothing too concerning,” Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow said on Astros.com. “We debated putting him on the disabled list, but considering he’s going to miss a start [Tuesday], we kind of want to be cautious with any discomfort. We’re going to skip his next start [following Tuesday] as well, and given we have two days off next week, it made more sense to put him on the DL.”
“When he was throwing between starts, he felt a little bit of discomfort, so we were very cautious with him and brought him to Houston today to see Dr. Lintner,” Luhnow said. “We made the determination that was the best course of action not to start tomorrow and probably take another start off to recuperate.”
McHugh is 0-0 with a 4.50 ERA in two starts and four appearances for OKC.
Latest Sports Stories:
- [WATCH] Vin Scully’s Final Call At Dodger Stadium Is A Walkoff Home Run
- Fantasy Baseball’s Version Of The Final Countdown Is Upon You Now
- [LISTEN] Georges St Pierre: I’m Ready To Return To UFC, They Haven’t Called Me Back
- The Best Of The Worst Of Mad Radio
- Heated Conversations: Booker T With Randy Orton