HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) -UPDATE: A release from the Rockets says Patrick Beverley will likely be available for Game 2:
“Patrick Beverley underwent an examination this morning with team physician Dr. Walt Lowe. The evaluation revealed no acute issues. Beverley is listed as day-to-day, but will likely be available for Game 2 on Wednesday.”
During the Houston Rockets 122-120 loss to the Portland Trailblazers in Game 1 of their opening series Rockets PG Patrick Beverley seemed in a large amount of pain after fouling out in Overtime.
After the game the Rockets said Beverley would have an MRI on Monday to see if the injury to his knee was more severe than a sprain.
Adrian Wojnarowski tweeted that Beverley might be back for Game 2 against the Blazers in Houston Wednesday night.
Beverley injured his knee late in the season for the rockets and missed substantial time rehabbing a sprained meniscus before returning the final week of the regular season.
Latest Sports Stories:
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Morton Dominance, Altuve’s Bat Carry Astros To 9-2 Win Over Mariners
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation