Shields Too Much For Astros
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Facing James Shields isn’t normally the cure for a struggling offense, and on Thursday night at Minute Maid Park that remained the case as the Royals’ ace held the Astros to a run over eight innings, striking out 12, in a 5-1 win.
Shields and the Royals handed Scott Feldman his first loss as an Astro. He allowed five runs, four earned, on nine hits over six innings.
Kansas City scored an unearned in the top of the first, and with the help of three straight singles added a run in the second. Alcides Escobar doubled home a pair in the fourth inning to give the Royals a 4-0 lead.
After the Royals added a fifth run in the fifth inning, the Astros got on the board thanks to an Alex Presley sacrifice fly to make it a 5-1 game.
In his second big league game, George Springer had a hit in four at bats. He came with two on in the bottom of the eighth inning, but Shields got him to fly out to right field to end the threat. Wade Davis tossed a scoreless ninth inning for Kansas City, preserving the win, getting them to 7-7 on the season.
Nori Aoki and Alex Gordon had two hits and scored two runs for Kansas City. Escobar knocked in a pair of runs.
Houston has lost 11 of 14 since winning its first two games of the season.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Report: CSN Houston Could Lose Majority of Current Employees
- Adrian Peterson’s All Day Foundation Takes Down It’s Website
- Vikings Health Partner Looking Into Sponsorship
- CBS Sports Steve Tasker Weighs In On Falcons Vs Buccaneers on Thursday Night Football
- Arian Foster Takes To Twitter To Comment On Anheuser-Busch & Domestic Violence