Chapman Optioned To AAA, Valdes Called Up
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
After walking the only batter he faced during the Astros 6-4 loss to the Kansas City Royals, Kevin Chapman was optioned to AAA Oklahoma City according to multiple media reports. In six games this season, the 26-year-old lefthander has allowed five hits and five runs in 3.2 innings, while walking seven, five of those coming against left-handed hitters.
Raul Valdes will take Chapman’s spot on the Astros roster. The 36-year-old lefty has two saves for Oklahoma City and has allowed one run in 3.2 innings. On Wednesday afternoon, he got the win in the RedHawks win over Colorado Springs.
Valdes has appeared in 95 Major League games for the Yankees, Mets, Phillies, and Cardinals, compiling a 7-7 record with a 4.93 ERA. He went 2-0 with a 1.69 ERA in 5.1 spring training innings with the Astros.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- DeAndre Hopkins Misses Thursday Practice Due To Illness
- 4 Must Watch College Games This Weekend
- Andre Not Talking Passing Game
- Fantasy Cover 4 – Week 3 – Start ‘Em Up & Shut ‘Em Down
- Offensive Line Meshing, Ready for Giants