Whole Team Pranks Jeff Francoeur; Convinces Him Teammate Is Deaf
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
The El Paso Chihuahuas added a new member to the team this year when 10-year Major League Veteran Jeff Francoeur was assigned to the AAA affiliate after signing with the big league San Diego Padres organization.
When Francoeur arrived with the team, the other players, manager and coaches orchestrated an elaborate hoax on the veteran player. The entire team, and we mean everyone, told Francoeur that relief pitcher Jorge Reyes was deaf. Couldn’t hear, at all. Reyes has no hearing problems at all.
The hoax was played out, day after day, on the field, in the dugout, locker room and even at team dinners. Then one of the members of the team created a little film describing the antics and revealed everything to “Frenchy” in the locker room before a game.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Meltsdown: NBA Stars Don’t Want To Play With James Harden And Dwight Howard
- Howard, Harden, Rockets To Open Preseason With Mavericks, Parsons
- SABR Convention Underway in Houston
- Report: Astros Not Taking Calls On Reliever Chad Qualls, Yet
- Report: Astros “Very, Very Busy” With Talks For Cosart, Have Keuchel Off Table