Astros Get Another 0.0 TV Rating
HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) – The Houston Astros made headlines at the end of the season last year when they posted a 0.0 rating during a late September game in 2013. Now early in 2014 the Astros have done it again. Monday’s game against the Angels on Comcast SportsNet Houston posted a 0.0 rating for households and adults 25-54.
The Angels won the game 9-1 at Minute Made Park. The first time the Astros posted the 0.0 rating was a day game against the Indians on Sept. 22nd, but many put up the fact that the game went head to head with a home Houston Texans game on KHOU-11.
The big problem for the Astros is that only 500,000 households in the Houston area are able to get the Comcast SportsNet Houston channel that is partially owned the Astros. Only Comcast in the fourth largest American city carries the channel. Carriage agreements with DirecTV, Dish Network, AT&T U-verse, Suddenlink and other carriers have not been able to be worked out for other viewers.
CSN Houston is currently in bankruptcy proceedings after it filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection shortly after the Astros previous 0.0 rating.
The announced attendance at Minute Maid park for that game was 17,936.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Heated Conversations With Booker T Sat. Jan 24th
- Bill Belichick Addresses Deflate-Gate: We As An Organization Have Followed The Rules
- James Harden Hits Game Winning Shot To Lift Rockets Over Suns
- What’s Poppin’?: Pop Culture With Paul, Brien And Producer Lara
- Astros Sign Marwin Gonzalez, Avoid Arbitration