MERCEDES, Texas (CBS Houston) – A south Texas woman says something was rotten in her V8 Fusion.
Crystal Rodriguez tells KGBT-TV she grabbed the drink and a protein bar out of the fridge. The protein bar was fine, but as for the vegetable juice, “I opened it and when I took a drink out of it I spit it out because it tasted horrible.”
She poured the drink down the sink, but inside the empty can, something was rattling. When she got the object out, it was disgusting, and described it as looking like some type of pork object.
“(It) looks like pork, the skin … just nastier,” Rodriguez said. “The bottom of it (was) black. It looks like it has little eyes and a little mouth.”
Rodriguez said it made her sick, and fears she may have been poisoned.
“I just feel nauseous and my stomach grumbling, I hadn’t really been able to eat any breakfast or anything for the same reason that I just want to vomit.”
When she went to the hospital the doctor told her she had a stomach bacterial infection.
Rodriguez also showed the doctors what she found and even they were not able to tell what had been in the can.
She has contacted the Campbell Soup Company, which makes V8 Fusion. It is sending a representative to pick up the mystery object.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)