The Astros finalized their Opening Day roster Sunday afternoon at the conclusion of the club’s spring training exhibition schedule.
The 25 Astros available for Tuesday’s opener with the Yankees include 12 pitchers, 13 position players and eight players who have made an Opening Day roster for the first time.
The previously announced starting rotation will be comprised of: Scott Feldman, Jarred Cosart, Brett Oberholtzer, Lucas Harrell and Dallas Keuchel. The seven members of the bullpen include: Jerome Williams, Brad Peacock, Matt Albers, Anthony Bass, Kevin Chapman, Josh Fields and Chad Qualls.
Jason Castro and Carlos Corporan are the two catchers. Jose Altuve and Matt Dominguez highlight the six infielders on the roster. They will be joined by Chris Carter, Marwin Gonzalez, Jesus Guzman and Jonathan Villar.
Newcomer Dexter Fowler will be the starting centerfielder. The four other outfielders are: L.J. Hoes, Robbie Grossman, Marc Krauss and recent waiver pick-up Alex Presley.
Three players were placed on the disabled list, pitchers Jesse Crain, Alex White and Asher Wojciechowski.
“LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Colvin: Texans Are Coming For Jacksonville, He And Mathieu Will Bring Savages To The Defense, What A.J. Bouye Said About Texans And More
- Lance McCullers Jr. Says Jose Altuve Is Still A Bargain For The Astros And More During His Weekly Mad Radio Visit
- NCAA Tournament 2018 TV schedule: Each March Madness Sweet 16 games ranked 1-8
- The Best Of Mad Radio 3-22
- Fan Essentials: Most Trusted Coach