Astros Finalize 25-Man Roster
The Astros finalized their Opening Day roster Sunday afternoon at the conclusion of the club’s spring training exhibition schedule.
The 25 Astros available for Tuesday’s opener with the Yankees include 12 pitchers, 13 position players and eight players who have made an Opening Day roster for the first time.
The previously announced starting rotation will be comprised of: Scott Feldman, Jarred Cosart, Brett Oberholtzer, Lucas Harrell and Dallas Keuchel. The seven members of the bullpen include: Jerome Williams, Brad Peacock, Matt Albers, Anthony Bass, Kevin Chapman, Josh Fields and Chad Qualls.
Jason Castro and Carlos Corporan are the two catchers. Jose Altuve and Matt Dominguez highlight the six infielders on the roster. They will be joined by Chris Carter, Marwin Gonzalez, Jesus Guzman and Jonathan Villar.
Newcomer Dexter Fowler will be the starting centerfielder. The four other outfielders are: L.J. Hoes, Robbie Grossman, Marc Krauss and recent waiver pick-up Alex Presley.
Three players were placed on the disabled list, pitchers Jesse Crain, Alex White and Asher Wojciechowski.
“LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- J.J. Watt Writes Excuse Note For Fan To Miss Work
- Bottom Line: Rockets Desire More Effort
- Mavs’ Chandler Not Suspended; Dwight: ‘I Want Him To Play’
- Former Rockets Great Chucky Brown Shares Stories From Rockets 1995 Title Run
- John Harris: If Texans Draft Gurley At No. 16, He And Arian Foster Could Be Lethal