HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) – The Houston Astros will start off the 2014 season with two of their biggest names in franchise history taking the field before the current players.
Executive Adviser Nolan Ryan will throw out the ceremonial first pitch to Craig Biggio on April 1st before the Astros take on the New York Yankees to kick off the 2014 season at Minute Maid Park.
Biggio, who started his career as a catcher, caught Ryan for his 100th win as an Astro in 1988.
The Astros will also take the opening home stand to honor Derek Jeter in a pre-game ceremony on April 2nd that will include a video montage and former teammates and former Astros Andy Pettitte and Roger Clemens will be on hand.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Astros Make It Official: Alex Bregman Finally Gets The Call
- Best Player in Baseball? Altuve’s Career Day Sparks Astros To 13-3 Rout, Sweep of Angels
- Evan Gattis The Catcher Is Kinda Great, Might Be Time For Him To Do It Daily
- Scoreless Draw between Dynamo, Vancouver
- Smokin’ Joe’s Driving Range: July 23