Nolan Ryan To Throw Out Opening Day First Pitch To Craig Biggio
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) – The Houston Astros will start off the 2014 season with two of their biggest names in franchise history taking the field before the current players.
Executive Adviser Nolan Ryan will throw out the ceremonial first pitch to Craig Biggio on April 1st before the Astros take on the New York Yankees to kick off the 2014 season at Minute Maid Park.
Biggio, who started his career as a catcher, caught Ryan for his 100th win as an Astro in 1988.
The Astros will also take the opening home stand to honor Derek Jeter in a pre-game ceremony on April 2nd that will include a video montage and former teammates and former Astros Andy Pettitte and Roger Clemens will be on hand.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Breaking: Adrian Peterson Placed On Exempt/Commissioner’s Permission List
- If You’re Last, You’re First…Texans Last In NFL In Arrests
- Report: CSN Houston Could Lose Majority of Current Employees
- Adrian Peterson’s All Day Foundation Takes Down It’s Website
- Vikings Health Partner Looking Into Sponsorship