Astros One Of Three Teams To Lose Value
HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) - The Houston Astros fell in value from 2013 to 2014 according to Forbes.com annual team values.
The Astros are one of only three teams to have dropped in value in the last year.
Part of the reason for the Astros drop is that the Comcast Sports Network which is partially owned by the team filed for bankruptcy protection in September.
The Astros also were named the cheapest team in the league, with the lowest payroll in 2014 to start the season.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Hartford Courant’s Jenny Wilson: Shayanna Jenkins Testimony A Mixed Bag For Both Prosecution And Defense
- USA Today College Basketball Writer Nicole Auerbach: It Would Take A Lot For UT To Land Smart
- Former Miami RB Duke Johnson: Texans Spoke To Me At NFL Combine
- Reports: Rick Barnes Offered Tennessee Job
- One And Done: Myles Turner Leaving Texas For NBA