HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) – The Houston Astros fell in value from 2013 to 2014 according to Forbes.com annual team values.
The Astros are one of only three teams to have dropped in value in the last year.
Part of the reason for the Astros drop is that the Comcast Sports Network which is partially owned by the team filed for bankruptcy protection in September.
The Astros also were named the cheapest team in the league, with the lowest payroll in 2014 to start the season.
Latest Sports Stories:
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Morton Dominance, Altuve’s Bat Carry Astros To 9-2 Win Over Mariners
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation