Dwight Howard on Monday missed his 1st game of the year, with a mild left ankle strain and is listed as day to day and not it is not considered a “serious” injury. Starting in his stead was Omer Asik, against the Jazz Asik was able to compile a double-double as the Rockets locked up the easy 124 to 86 win.
Postgame Howard was unavailable for comment, but head coach Kevin McHale did mention he know Howard was hurting. “I knew it was bothering him a little, I didn’t know how bad” McHale said. McHale also mentioned he was surprised when Howard couldn’t go.
Rockets next game is Thursday at home against the Timberwolves, it is probable that Dwight Howard will be back for the game.
Follow JR on twitter —–> @Dyslexicsports
Latest Sports Stories:
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Morton Dominance, Altuve’s Bat Carry Astros To 9-2 Win Over Mariners
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation