Source: Texans And Raiders In Serious Trade Talks For Matt Schaub
HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON) – The Houston Texans and Oakland Raiders have been in serious talks about a trade involving Matt Schaub heading to Oakland, a source has told SportsRadio 610.
SportsRadio 610 learned that the Texans are trying to make the deal and eventually want a quarterback that can step in an play right away in 2014, whether that is in the draft or in a trade.
The Texans are looking to ship out Matt Schaub and his $10.5 million in salary cap cost to the Raiders, who have $59.9 million in cap space, and free up more cap room for their own ability to grab someone else in free agency or via trade.
There is no word on who or what the Texans would be receiving back from Oakland or if any other players would leave the Texans.
The Texans are one of two teams that have yet to sign a free agent. The Rams are the other.
The Raiders and Texans will meet up in Oakland this year.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Boxing Analyst Steve Farhood: ‘I’d Put Floyd Between Top Ten And 15 All Time’
- Duane Brown To Miss New Orleans Game With Wrist Injury
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: August 24th-August 28th
- The Other Seth Payne Makes His Yearly Appearance On Mad Radio
- NCAA Football Preview: Will TCU Win It’s First Outright Big 12 Title?