Report: Reliant Stadium Could Be Renamed
Houston (CBS Houston) – Reliant Stadium could soon be called NRG Stadium, according to a report from the Houston Chronicle.
NRG, which acquired parts of Reliant in 2009, is seeking to rebrand both Reliant Stadium and Reliant Park. The planned rebrand would include replacing all current Reliant branding around the complex.
Reliant paid around $300 million for the naming rights in 2002. The deal was a 32-year agreement, according to the Chronicle report.
The move still needs to be approved by the Harris County Sports and Convention Corp.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Meltsdown: Why Is Chris Mullin Some Lock To Win At St. John’s?
- Rockets Fall To Raptors 99-96
- Hartford Courant’s Jenny Wilson: Shayanna Jenkins Testimony A Mixed Bag For Both Prosecution And Defense
- USA Today College Basketball Writer Nicole Auerbach: It Would Take A Lot For UT To Land Smart
- Former Miami RB Duke Johnson: Texans Spoke To Me At NFL Combine