Report: Reliant Stadium Could Be Renamed
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston) – Reliant Stadium could soon be called NRG Stadium, according to a report from the Houston Chronicle.
NRG, which acquired parts of Reliant in 2009, is seeking to rebrand both Reliant Stadium and Reliant Park. The planned rebrand would include replacing all current Reliant branding around the complex.
Reliant paid around $300 million for the naming rights in 2002. The deal was a 32-year agreement, according to the Chronicle report.
The move still needs to be approved by the Harris County Sports and Convention Corp.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Playoff Pinch Hits: James Shields-Wil Myers Trade A Success For Royals
- 5 Devastating Week 7 Losses
- 6 Reasons Why Alabama’s Kenyan Drake Was The Real Star Of The Texas A&M Blowout
- Playoff Pinch Hits: Royals And Giants An Unlikely World Series Pairing
- 5 NFL Teams Already Vying For First Pick In The 2015 NFL Draft