Report: Reliant Stadium Could Be Renamed
Houston (CBS Houston) – Reliant Stadium could soon be called NRG Stadium, according to a report from the Houston Chronicle.
NRG, which acquired parts of Reliant in 2009, is seeking to rebrand both Reliant Stadium and Reliant Park. The planned rebrand would include replacing all current Reliant branding around the complex.
Reliant paid around $300 million for the naming rights in 2002. The deal was a 32-year agreement, according to the Chronicle report.
The move still needs to be approved by the Harris County Sports and Convention Corp.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Two Straight Super Bowl Trips For Former Rice Star Willson
- Danny White: Cowboys Need to be Fired Up
- Rod Woodson, Julius Thomas, Montell Williams, Greg Ellis and Kevin Harlan Join The Triple Threat
- Keidel: Perfect Confluence Of Timing, Talent, History For Mayweather
- Foster Backs Off Claims of Receiving $50,000 In College