Report: ILB Joe Mays Signs With The Chiefs
Houston (CBS Houston) - Former Texans ILB Joe Mays has signed a two-year deal worth $6 million with the Kansas City Chiefs, according to ESPN’s Adam Caplan.
Mays, 28, started 13 games for the Texans last season and combined for 67 tackles. He joined the Texans midway through training camp last season on a one-year deal.
Brought in as insurance for the oft injured Daryl Sharpton, Mays quickly earned a starting spot next to Brian Cushing.
In Kansas City, Mays will rejoin Andy Reid. Reid drafted Mays in 2008 with the Eagles.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Two Straight Super Bowl Trips For Former Rice Star Willson
- Danny White: Cowboys Need to be Fired Up
- Rod Woodson, Julius Thomas, Montell Williams, Greg Ellis and Kevin Harlan Join The Triple Threat
- Keidel: Perfect Confluence Of Timing, Talent, History For Mayweather
- Foster Backs Off Claims of Receiving $50,000 In College