Houston (CBS Houston) – Former Texans ILB Joe Mays has signed a two-year deal worth $6 million with the Kansas City Chiefs, according to ESPN’s Adam Caplan.
Mays, 28, started 13 games for the Texans last season and combined for 67 tackles. He joined the Texans midway through training camp last season on a one-year deal.
Brought in as insurance for the oft injured Daryl Sharpton, Mays quickly earned a starting spot next to Brian Cushing.
In Kansas City, Mays will rejoin Andy Reid. Reid drafted Mays in 2008 with the Eagles.
Latest Sports Stories:
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Morton Dominance, Altuve’s Bat Carry Astros To 9-2 Win Over Mariners
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation