Houston (CBS Houston) – Former Texans ILB Joe Mays has signed a two-year deal worth $6 million with the Kansas City Chiefs, according to ESPN’s Adam Caplan.
Mays, 28, started 13 games for the Texans last season and combined for 67 tackles. He joined the Texans midway through training camp last season on a one-year deal.
Brought in as insurance for the oft injured Daryl Sharpton, Mays quickly earned a starting spot next to Brian Cushing.
In Kansas City, Mays will rejoin Andy Reid. Reid drafted Mays in 2008 with the Eagles.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Texans Brass: Despite Loaded WR Class, Fuller Was “Our No. 1” Choice
- Texans Officially Welcome ‘Soft-Spoken’ 1st-Round Pick Will Fuller
- Houston Texans Expected To Target Offensive Line, Defensive Tackle Or Tight End
- Jon Weeks Excited To Work With New Special Teams Coach Larry Izzo
- Keidel: Like Dan Marino, Laremy Tunsil A Victim Of Embellished Fears