Report: ILB Joe Mays Signs With The Chiefs
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston) - Former Texans ILB Joe Mays has signed a two-year deal worth $6 million with the Kansas City Chiefs, according to ESPN’s Adam Caplan.
Mays, 28, started 13 games for the Texans last season and combined for 67 tackles. He joined the Texans midway through training camp last season on a one-year deal.
Brought in as insurance for the oft injured Daryl Sharpton, Mays quickly earned a starting spot next to Brian Cushing.
In Kansas City, Mays will rejoin Andy Reid. Reid drafted Mays in 2008 with the Eagles.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Klatt: Jameis Winston’s Behavior Has Done Damage To His Draft Stock
- Poppinga: Fitzpatrick Needs To Keep The Short Passing Game Going
- Fitzpatrick: Texans Don’t Know Of Any Set Discipline For Player Arrests, Indictments
- Vikings Ownership: “We Made A Mistake”
- Meltsdown: The Hypocrisy Of The Media Towards Floyd Mayweather