Report: ILB Joe Mays Signs With The Chiefs
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston) - Former Texans ILB Joe Mays has signed a two-year deal worth $6 million with the Kansas City Chiefs, according to ESPN’s Adam Caplan.
Mays, 28, started 13 games for the Texans last season and combined for 67 tackles. He joined the Texans midway through training camp last season on a one-year deal.
Brought in as insurance for the oft injured Daryl Sharpton, Mays quickly earned a starting spot next to Brian Cushing.
In Kansas City, Mays will rejoin Andy Reid. Reid drafted Mays in 2008 with the Eagles.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Cowboys Running Game Success: More DeMarco Murray Than Offensive Line
- O’Brien Won’t Be Saving Foster Sunday vs. Cowboys For Thursday vs. Colts
- Watt, Foster, Cushing, And Johnson Held Out Of Wednesday Practice
- What Does New Texans Safety Aubrey Think Aubrey Does Best? “Playmaker”
- 10 Best Dallas Cowboys Moments Since 2002