Bo Porter Wins 1st Replay Call
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Astros manager Bo Porter in Wednesday’s game against the Nationals successfully was able to win a replay call. In the 7th inning Porter called for a replay when Delino DeShields was called out, after replay the call was overturned and DeShields was given an infield single.
The call extended the inning allowing the Astros to tack on another run before the inning ended. Porter had used replay before this Spring but on Wednesday he finally won his first call. Astros went on to win the game 10 to 9.
Astros outfielder LJ Hoes did not see the play that Porter challenged but is a fan of MLB having replay in general. “I like it I think it’s going to help out a lot” Hoes told sportsradio 610.
The critics of Baseball replay have said it could slow an already slow game down even more but Hoes disagrees “If you look at how they have done it, it’s been pretty quick, I think most the time it just takes two or three minutes” Hoes said.
Umpires and referees are just human and Football and Basketball both employ types of replay and from all accounts LJ Hoes and Manager Bo Porter are fans of it, at least early on.
Follow JR on twitter —–> @Dyslexicsports
Latest Sports Stories:
- Report: CSN Houston Could Lose Majority of Current Employees
- Adrian Peterson’s All Day Foundation Takes Down It’s Website
- Vikings Health Partner Looking Into Sponsorship
- CBS Sports Steve Tasker Weighs In On Falcons Vs Buccaneers on Thursday Night Football
- Arian Foster Takes To Twitter To Comment On Anheuser-Busch & Domestic Violence