Reports: Texans Release Owen Daniels
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston) - The Texans have released tight end Owen Daniels, according to multiple reports.
“It’s that point in [my] career where those types of thing can happen and I’m aware of that.” Daniels said yesterday at Andre Johnson’s Celebrity Golf Tournament.
Daniels, 31, has played all eight of his NFL seasons with the Texans. He was due $6.25 million in 2014 and missed most of last season with a fibula injury.
But with 385 receptions and 29 touchdowns in a Texans uniform, Daniels had hoped to get the opportunity to finish his four-year $22 million extension signed in 2011.
“I’d like to be here and play out my contract and I feel like I deserve that. So, I’m looking forward to having that opportunity.” said yesterday Daniels said.
Cutting Daniels created approximately $4.5 million in cap space and $1.75 million in dead money
This business is a muf*cka. @owendaniels my dawg for life man I’m a miss you on the field. Good luck to you I know you gonna be aight
— Duane Brown (@DuaneBrown76) March 11, 2014
Wow. Can’t believe it #OD
— T.J. Yates (@TJ_Yates) March 11, 2014
Latest Sports Stories:
- Report: CSN Houston Could Lose Majority of Current Employees
- Adrian Peterson’s All Day Foundation Takes Down It’s Website
- Vikings Health Partner Looking Into Sponsorship
- CBS Sports Steve Tasker Weighs In On Falcons Vs Buccaneers on Thursday Night Football
- Arian Foster Takes To Twitter To Comment On Anheuser-Busch & Domestic Violence