Russell Wilson Takes The Field For The Texas Rangers
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
We knew it was coming, but there is finally proof of Super Bowl winning quarterback Russell Wilson flashing some leather for the Texas Rangers.
The Rangers drafted Russell in this year’s AAA Rule 5 draft and sent him the invite to spring training. The second baseman left a career of baseball for the NFL, and that seemed to be the right choice.
There is very little likelihood that Russell will ever see game action with the Rangers but he is reportedly going to be dressed for the Monday game against the Indians in Surprise, Arizona.
Wilson was drafted in 2010 by the Colorado Rockies in the fourth round and played two seasons at Class-A Ashville before devoting his full attention to football.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Watt On Getting Signed Jersey From 7 Year Old Fan: “Surely He Has Confidence”
- Keenum Happy To Be Home, And To Get Second Chance With O’Brien’s Texans
- Pauly G’s Power Rankings: House Of Cards
- Thursday Night Football Breakdown: Tennessee Titans At Jacksonville Jaguars
- The Best Of ‘In The Loop’ Featuring @McClain_on_NFL