Russell Wilson Takes The Field For The Texas Rangers
We knew it was coming, but there is finally proof of Super Bowl winning quarterback Russell Wilson flashing some leather for the Texas Rangers.
The Rangers drafted Russell in this year’s AAA Rule 5 draft and sent him the invite to spring training. The second baseman left a career of baseball for the NFL, and that seemed to be the right choice.
There is very little likelihood that Russell will ever see game action with the Rangers but he is reportedly going to be dressed for the Monday game against the Indians in Surprise, Arizona.
Wilson was drafted in 2010 by the Colorado Rockies in the fourth round and played two seasons at Class-A Ashville before devoting his full attention to football.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Heated Conversations With Booker T Sat. Jan 24th
- Bill Belichick Addresses Deflate-Gate: We As An Organization Have Followed The Rules
- James Harden Hits Game Winning Shot To Lift Rockets Over Suns
- What’s Poppin’?: Pop Culture With Paul, Brien And Producer Lara
- Astros Sign Marwin Gonzalez, Avoid Arbitration