Russell Wilson Takes The Field For The Texas Rangers
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
We knew it was coming, but there is finally proof of Super Bowl winning quarterback Russell Wilson flashing some leather for the Texas Rangers.
The Rangers drafted Russell in this year’s AAA Rule 5 draft and sent him the invite to spring training. The second baseman left a career of baseball for the NFL, and that seemed to be the right choice.
There is very little likelihood that Russell will ever see game action with the Rangers but he is reportedly going to be dressed for the Monday game against the Indians in Surprise, Arizona.
Wilson was drafted in 2010 by the Colorado Rockies in the fourth round and played two seasons at Class-A Ashville before devoting his full attention to football.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Keidel: Manny Pacquiao Takes On Chris Algieri In Macau
- Meltsdown: Jack Johnson, Ryan Howard, And Family Infighting Over Money
- Phillips: Mallett’s Performance In Short Game Better Than I Had Expected
- PFT’s Mike Florio: Texans Among Possible Landing Spots For Adrian Peterson
- Fouts: Mallett Looked More Advanced For First Start