Kevin McHale Named Western Conference Coach Of The Month
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston) - Rockets head coach Kevin McHale has been named the Western Conference coach of the month for February, the NBA announced Monday.
The Rockets were 8-2 in the month of February with two victories coming against the Suns and blowout wins against teams like the Lakers and Timberwolves.
“That award is really a team award,” McHale said. “I’ve never seen a coach score a basket, yet. I’ve never seen them come on the floor and defend. The guys play well, that’s what (the award) is all about.”
Houston averaged 111.9 points per game last month and logged a point differential of +9.7 per game. James Harden and Dwight Howard lead the team in scoring, averaging 27.9 and 22.8 points per game respectively.
“He deserves it, man. He’s been so consistent throughout my whole career, especially this year,” Chandler Parsons said. “He deserves that. Hopefully we can keep winning and get him coach of the year.”
Latest Sports Stories:
- Keidel: Dallas Cowboys… America’s Team Or Just A Dream?
- 2015 Paul “Bear” Bryant Coach of the Year Award Watch List Released
- Cushing Questionable For Texans Sunday Against Tennessee Titans
- Peyton Manning Is Particular, Andrew Hawkins Is Funny And Aaron Craft Is A Bear?
- Reed Listed As Questionable Sunday, Says He’s A Game Time Decision