Houston (CBS Houston) – Rockets head coach Kevin McHale has been named the Western Conference coach of the month for February, the NBA announced Monday.
The Rockets were 8-2 in the month of February with two victories coming against the Suns and blowout wins against teams like the Lakers and Timberwolves.
“That award is really a team award,” McHale said. “I’ve never seen a coach score a basket, yet. I’ve never seen them come on the floor and defend. The guys play well, that’s what (the award) is all about.”
Houston averaged 111.9 points per game last month and logged a point differential of +9.7 per game. James Harden and Dwight Howard lead the team in scoring, averaging 27.9 and 22.8 points per game respectively.
“He deserves it, man. He’s been so consistent throughout my whole career, especially this year,” Chandler Parsons said. “He deserves that. Hopefully we can keep winning and get him coach of the year.”
Latest Sports Stories:
- Braxton Miller Misses Practice Wednesday
- Nick Faldo On The Barclays: Bethpage Black ‘A Beautiful Golf Course’
- Mercilus Labels Texans Linebacking Corps “Deepest” Of His Career
- Camp Confidential 8/24: Shane Lechler Shines With Coffin-Corner Punts
- James Harden’s Signature Shoe Is Getting No Love From Anyone Anywhere In Life