There has been a lot of uproar on rock band Madison Rising’s rendition of this country’s National Anthem from Saturday’s Nationwide series race in Daytona.
The “most patriotic rock band” performed their signature version of the Star Spangled Banner and the internet has been a buzz ever since.
Lead singer and Navy Veteran Dave Bray told TMZ Sports he is sad that the guitar driven version of the song didn’t resonate with the American loving fans of NASCAR.
“We know NASCAR has some of the most patriotic fans in the country, so I’m obviously disappointed that we didn’t make a better impression.”
The band’s rendition has been called “disgraceful” and “disrespectful” since their version of the song started getting all sorts of attention.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Texans Officially Welcome ‘Soft-Spoken’ 1st-Round Pick Will Fuller
- Houston Texans Expected To Target Offensive Line, Defensive Tackle Or Tight End
- Jon Weeks Excited To Work With New Special Teams Coach Larry Izzo
- Keidel: Like Dan Marino, Laremy Tunsil A Victim Of Embellished Fears
- What Can Texans Fans Expect From Will Fuller?