Bryan, Texas (CBS HOUSTON ) Isaiah Golden and Darian Claiborne were suspended immediately from the Texas A&M Football team after the two defensive starters were early Sunday, a school spokesman told the Dallas Morning News.
Golden, a starting lineman for the Aggies, was charged with possession of of marijuana and released on bond. Claiborne, a linebacker, was arrested on a noise violation. He was released on $300 bond.
The two were arrested in Bryan, Texas and were in the company of Devante “Speedy” Noil, a high-profile recruit who joined the school in January. Noil was not arrested.
A statement by the Bryan police department said that an officer approached the vehicle the three players were in and smelled an odor of marijuana. A bottle of brandy was also found in the car. Claiborne reportedly got loud during the arrest claiming this would ruin Golden’s football career.
Claiborne was suspended for the Chick-fil-A Bowl because of a December arrest for marijuana possession.
Latest Sports Stories:
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Morton Dominance, Altuve’s Bat Carry Astros To 9-2 Win Over Mariners
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation