Two Aggies Suspended After Weekend Arrest
Bryan, Texas (CBS HOUSTON ) Isaiah Golden and Darian Claiborne were suspended immediately from the Texas A&M Football team after the two defensive starters were early Sunday, a school spokesman told the Dallas Morning News.
Golden, a starting lineman for the Aggies, was charged with possession of of marijuana and released on bond. Claiborne, a linebacker, was arrested on a noise violation. He was released on $300 bond.
The two were arrested in Bryan, Texas and were in the company of Devante “Speedy” Noil, a high-profile recruit who joined the school in January. Noil was not arrested.
A statement by the Bryan police department said that an officer approached the vehicle the three players were in and smelled an odor of marijuana. A bottle of brandy was also found in the car. Claiborne reportedly got loud during the arrest claiming this would ruin Golden’s football career.
Claiborne was suspended for the Chick-fil-A Bowl because of a December arrest for marijuana possession.
Latest Sports Stories:
- J.J. Watt Writes Excuse Note For Fan To Miss Work
- Bottom Line: Rockets Desire More Effort
- Mavs’ Chandler Not Suspended; Dwight: ‘I Want Him To Play’
- Former Rockets Great Chucky Brown Shares Stories From Rockets 1995 Title Run
- John Harris: If Texans Draft Gurley At No. 16, He And Arian Foster Could Be Lethal