Jadeveon Clowney Officially Runs 4.53 40-Yard Dash
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
INDIANAPOLIS (CBS HOUSTON/AP) — Jadeveon Clowney made things tougher for Johnny Manziel and the other potential No. 1 picks Monday.
The former South Carolina star ran the fastest 40-yard dash time of the defensive lineman. NFL.com reported the unofficial time at 4.47 seconds. NFL Network said it was 4.53. Either way, it was still tops at his position. 4.53 ended up being the official time for Clowney. Clowney announced he will not do any other drills at the combine because of a sore hip flexor.
Clowney did 21 reps at 225 pounds in the weightlifting workout, putting him in the second half of the defensive ends.
Michael Sam, who is trying to become the first openly gay player in the NFL, posted an unofficial 40-yard dash time of 4.79 seconds and did 17 reps, according to NFL.com. NFL Network reported the time was 4.91.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
Latest Sports Stories:
- Phillips: Mallett’s Performance In Short Game Better Than I Had Expected
- PFT’s Mike Florio: Texans Among Possible Landing Spots For Adrian Peterson
- Fouts: Mallett Looked More Advanced For First Start
- Esiason On Mallett’s First NFL Start: “I Thought He Was Holding Back A Little Bit”
- Five Thirty Eight: Texans Win Over Bengals Would Boost Playoff Odds 50 Percent