Jadeveon Clowney Officially Runs 4.53 40-Yard Dash
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
INDIANAPOLIS (CBS HOUSTON/AP) — Jadeveon Clowney made things tougher for Johnny Manziel and the other potential No. 1 picks Monday.
The former South Carolina star ran the fastest 40-yard dash time of the defensive lineman. NFL.com reported the unofficial time at 4.47 seconds. NFL Network said it was 4.53. Either way, it was still tops at his position. 4.53 ended up being the official time for Clowney. Clowney announced he will not do any other drills at the combine because of a sore hip flexor.
Clowney did 21 reps at 225 pounds in the weightlifting workout, putting him in the second half of the defensive ends.
Michael Sam, who is trying to become the first openly gay player in the NFL, posted an unofficial 40-yard dash time of 4.79 seconds and did 17 reps, according to NFL.com. NFL Network reported the time was 4.91.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
Latest Sports Stories:
- Arian Foster Responds To Media Criticism
- The Best of The Worst Of ‘In The Loop’
- Projection: $23.5 Million For JJ Watt, “Lowballed Just To Get It Realistic”
- Report: Astros Have Made Scott Feldman Available, May Listen In On Dallas Keuchel
- VIDEO: Predictably, Arian Foster Was Olbermann’s Worst Person In Sports