Jadeveon Clowney Officially Runs 4.53 40-Yard Dash
INDIANAPOLIS (CBS HOUSTON/AP) — Jadeveon Clowney made things tougher for Johnny Manziel and the other potential No. 1 picks Monday.
The former South Carolina star ran the fastest 40-yard dash time of the defensive lineman. NFL.com reported the unofficial time at 4.47 seconds. NFL Network said it was 4.53. Either way, it was still tops at his position. 4.53 ended up being the official time for Clowney. Clowney announced he will not do any other drills at the combine because of a sore hip flexor.
Clowney did 21 reps at 225 pounds in the weightlifting workout, putting him in the second half of the defensive ends.
Michael Sam, who is trying to become the first openly gay player in the NFL, posted an unofficial 40-yard dash time of 4.79 seconds and did 17 reps, according to NFL.com. NFL Network reported the time was 4.91.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
Latest Sports Stories:
- Dallas Sportscaster Sends “Eats Fresh” Tweet About Subway Spokesman’s Connection In Child Porn Case
- Hammond: Bottom Line In Johnson Story: Guys, Don’t Hit Women
- Dallas Keuchel Gets His 11th Win With Help From Astros Offense
- The Best Of The Worst Of ‘In The Loop’
- Warren Moon And The Oilers Reunion Golf Tournament