Report: Rockets Make A Deal
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston) - The Rockets have traded point guard Aaron Brooks to the Nuggets for small forward Jordan Hamilton, according to multiple reports.
Hamilton, 6’7, was a first round pick in 2011 out of the University of Texas. He averaged 6.8 points in 39 games in Denver, shooting 35 percent from the three point line. He scored a season high 19 points on November 8th against Phoenix.
Brooks has ‘bird rights’ meaning he could have refused a trade. He likely wanted to go to Denver in search of more playing time. He’s scheduled to be a free agent this off-season and would benefit from the added opportunity to showcase his skills. His playing time had been limited as of late with both Patrick Beverley and Jeremy Lin is regaining full health.
Hamilton was expendable for the Nuggets. They declined his fourth year option earlier this year, making him a free agent at season’s end.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Keidel: Dallas Cowboys… America’s Team Or Just A Dream?
- 2015 Paul “Bear” Bryant Coach of the Year Award Watch List Released
- Cushing Questionable For Texans Sunday Against Tennessee Titans
- Peyton Manning Is Particular, Andrew Hawkins Is Funny And Aaron Craft Is A Bear?
- Reed Listed As Questionable Sunday, Says He’s A Game Time Decision