Houston (CBS Houston) – The Rockets have traded point guard Aaron Brooks to the Nuggets for small forward Jordan Hamilton, according to multiple reports.
Hamilton, 6’7, was a first round pick in 2011 out of the University of Texas. He averaged 6.8 points in 39 games in Denver, shooting 35 percent from the three point line. He scored a season high 19 points on November 8th against Phoenix.
Brooks has ‘bird rights’ meaning he could have refused a trade. He likely wanted to go to Denver in search of more playing time. He’s scheduled to be a free agent this off-season and would benefit from the added opportunity to showcase his skills. His playing time had been limited as of late with both Patrick Beverley and Jeremy Lin is regaining full health.
Hamilton was expendable for the Nuggets. They declined his fourth year option earlier this year, making him a free agent at season’s end.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Hammond: Is Mike Vrabel The Texans Next Head Coach?
- 5 Reasons Why Brock Osweiler Will Not Be On The Texans Next Season
- REPORT: Texans To Not Hire OC; O’Brien To Call Plays In 2017
- Houston Texans Promote Mike Vrabel To Defensive Coordinator Romeo Crennel To Asst. Head Coach
- The Very Best Of Gallant At Night