Report: Rockets Make A Deal
Houston (CBS Houston) - The Rockets have traded point guard Aaron Brooks to the Nuggets for small forward Jordan Hamilton, according to multiple reports.
Hamilton, 6’7, was a first round pick in 2011 out of the University of Texas. He averaged 6.8 points in 39 games in Denver, shooting 35 percent from the three point line. He scored a season high 19 points on November 8th against Phoenix.
Brooks has ‘bird rights’ meaning he could have refused a trade. He likely wanted to go to Denver in search of more playing time. He’s scheduled to be a free agent this off-season and would benefit from the added opportunity to showcase his skills. His playing time had been limited as of late with both Patrick Beverley and Jeremy Lin is regaining full health.
Hamilton was expendable for the Nuggets. They declined his fourth year option earlier this year, making him a free agent at season’s end.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Meltsdown: Why Is Chris Mullin Some Lock To Win At St. John’s?
- Rockets Fall To Raptors 99-96
- Hartford Courant’s Jenny Wilson: Shayanna Jenkins Testimony A Mixed Bag For Both Prosecution And Defense
- USA Today College Basketball Writer Nicole Auerbach: It Would Take A Lot For UT To Land Smart
- Former Miami RB Duke Johnson: Texans Spoke To Me At NFL Combine