Texas Bowl Announces AdvoCare As New Sponsor
Houston (CBS Houston) - The Texas Bowl announced Advocare as its new sponsor at a VIP breakfast reception at Reliant Stadium on Tuesday.
With the start of college football playoff in 2014, the Advocare Texas Bowl will move up in the selection process in the Big 12 and add a partnership with the SEC conference.
“You want the best matchups in college football.” Andre Ware said on behalf of ESPN, who will televise the game. “Both the SEC and the Big 12 (bring) dynamic football.”
The Texas bowl started in 2006. At the time, it replaced the now defunct Houston Bowl.
“It’s been a meteoric rise over the last eight years.” Jamey Rootes, President of Lone Star Sports and Entertainment said. “In just eight years, the Texas Bowl has become the seventh best attended bowl game in America.”
The game generates an economic impact of roughly 30 million dollars, according to Rootes.
We’re very excited to be a part of this bowl game,” Mike Vaught of AdvoCare International said. “Houston is one of the best sports towns in America.”
Latest Sports Stories:
- Hartford Courant’s Jenny Wilson: Shayanna Jenkins Testimony A Mixed Bag For Both Prosecution And Defense
- USA Today College Basketball Writer Nicole Auerbach: It Would Take A Lot For UT To Land Smart
- Former Miami RB Duke Johnson: Texans Spoke To Me At NFL Combine
- Reports: Rick Barnes Offered Tennessee Job
- One And Done: Myles Turner Leaving Texas For NBA