Houston (CBS Houston) – Since Nolan Ryan left the Rangers last year, there has been plenty of speculation about him joining forces with his son in Houston.
In late January, Ryan met with the Astros front office to discuss a potential role, but until Monday there hadn’t been an update on his status.
“We’d all like to have Nolan,” Astros owner Jim Crane told Sports Radio 610. “The ball is in his court.”
Crane also said they hope to get something done before spring training starts. Pitchers and catchers report to Kissimmee this Saturday.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Triple Threat with NFL Agent David Mulugheta
- Keidel: Jose Reyes, The New York Mets And The Sad Business Of Baseball
- Gallant’s Random Thoughts: “The Winds Of Winter” Recap
- This Week In Golf: Navy Vet Billy Hurley III Wins Quicken Loans National
- 10 Things We’re Going To Miss Most From Copa America Centenario