Houston (CBS Houston) – Astros starting pitcher Jarred Cosart used a gay slur on twitter Monday afternoon, prompting the Astros to issue the following statement.
“We do not condone the language used on Twitter today by Jarred. It is unacceptable from anyone in our organization. We’ve spoken to Jarred about this matter, and he is extremely remorseful. He realizes his mistake and has apologized.”
Cosart used the three letter slur in reference to Canadian pop-star Justin Bieber.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Hammond: Is Mike Vrabel The Texans Next Head Coach?
- 5 Reasons Why Brock Osweiler Will Not Be On The Texans Next Season
- REPORT: Texans To Not Hire OC; O’Brien To Call Plays In 2017
- Houston Texans Promote Mike Vrabel To Defensive Coordinator Romeo Crennel To Asst. Head Coach
- The Very Best Of Gallant At Night