Houston (CBS Houston) – Astros starting pitcher Jarred Cosart used a gay slur on twitter Monday afternoon, prompting the Astros to issue the following statement.
“We do not condone the language used on Twitter today by Jarred. It is unacceptable from anyone in our organization. We’ve spoken to Jarred about this matter, and he is extremely remorseful. He realizes his mistake and has apologized.”
Cosart used the three letter slur in reference to Canadian pop-star Justin Bieber.
Latest Sports Stories:
- Temple Fans Curse At Teenager Matt Rhule Not Football Coach Matt Rhule On Twitter
- Baylor Hires Matt Rhule As Next Head Coach
- Hammond: Texans Wrong To Make Charles James Fall Guy For Loss
- Donatas Motiejunas Fails To Show Up For Physical After Rockets Contract Offer
- Brunell: Too Early To Jump Ship On Osweiler