Sports

CSN Houston Files Bankruptcy

View Comments
St. Louis Cardinals v Houston Astros
Featured Items

Small-WttNEW College Football Playoff System

Small-WttTinder Fun With Arian Foster Tweets

77820352_8Hot Cheerleader - Funny Faces 2014

From Our CBS Music Sites

77820352_8Awesomely Ugly Christmas Sweaters

77820352_8Houston Astros Tweet: Taylor Swift Concert Will Be Moved If They Make Postseason?!

459651046 CSN Houston Files BankruptcyThese Names Tend To Land On Santa's Naughty List

77820352_810 Weirdest Requests From Kids To Santa

Sports Fan Insider

Keep up with your favorite teams and athletes with daily updates.
Sign Up

The likely-hood of the Houston Astros and possibly the Houston Rockets returning to local television for the majority of the population might be rising. The judge in the CSN Houston vs. Houston Astros case has decided to force the fledgling cable company to file chapter 11 bankruptcy.

David Barron of the Houston Chronicle has been tweeting from the court room where the deliberations between the cable channel and the major league baseball team have been on going. CSN Houston was unable to get itself carried on any other cable networks other than Comcast/Xfinity. Only around 40% of the Houston population uses Comcast/Xfinity as it’s provider, leaving 60% of the fourth largest city in the country without Astros or Rockets games.

The Houston Rockets were not a member of the lawsuit that was filed against CSN Houston, only the Astros filed against the cable company.

When the lawsuit was filed a few months ago, the Houston Astros held a press conference with Owner Jim Crane leading the suit. The press conference was contractually obligated to air on CSN Houston.

Latest Sports Stories:

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 26,094 other followers